The Border Rivers Commission (BRC) consists of three commissioners. One is appointed by the Queensland Government; another by the New South Wales Government; while the third, the chair, who must be a person not in the service of either Government, is appointed by the premiers of the two states. Each commissioner is appointed for a term not exceeding five years. The position of chair alternates between a nominee of the Queensland Government and a nominee of the New South Wales Government. Each state may also appoint a deputy commissioner.
The Commissioners are:
- Mr W H (Warren) Martin – Commissioner and Chair of the BRC
- Mr R W (Ross) Krebs – Commissioner representing Queensland
- Mr P C (Peter) Christmas – Commissioner representing New South Wales
The Deputy Commissioner are:
- Mr G K (Gary) Burgess – Deputy Commissioner representing Queensland
- Mr P G (Paul) Simpson – Deputy Commissioner representing New South Wales
The BRC is administratively supported by its secretary, Mr Brian Cook, an employee of the Queensland Department of Natural Resources and Mines and its accountant, Mr Robert Muldoon, an employee of the New South Wales Office of Water.
Last updated 26 March 2013